An All-In-One Asset Tracking Solution as a Service By Particle.io
Particle.io is a leading full-stack IoT platform that is also the only platform that covers almost all the major aspects of IoT platform from Hardware, Connectivity, and Cloud to even further specific solution building for the enterprise through its Particle Studio offering. With the latest round of 40$ in funding, Particle has raised a total of $81 million to date and on its path to become Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for IoT platform. In this post, we will discuss the new solution offering from Particle in the asset tracking domain.
Particle Asset Tracking Solution
With its new solution as a service, Particle aims to provide a mission-critical asset tracking solution that works in realtime. The Particle Tracking System comes pre-packaged with everything you need to monitor your assets at scale:
- Monitor asset location in real-time with geolocation mapping services that comes with high-gain GNSS antenna that is accurate to 1.8 meters
- Capture additional intelligence with temperature and acceleration sensor data
- Define fleet-wide asset behaviors with our advanced configuration services
- Extend capabilities with open firmware and support for additional sensors
Particle’s Tracking Services provide foundational services including open-source asset tracking firmware, device management, configuration capabilities, geolocation mapping services, remote “over-the-air” update functionality, as well as reporting and integration management.
Track critical asset data such as real-time location, temperature, historical location, battery level, and more. All data is encrypted to ensure security and GDPR compliance.
Particle’s asset tracking hardware is built upon a powerful, configurable System-on-a-Module (SoM) that is –
- Built with highly reliable, global cellular coverage (CAT M1 in NA and LTE CAT 1 with 3G/2G fallback in EMEA).
- Designed to provide reliable and accurate realtime with GNSS and onboard dead-reckoning.
- Built for advanced configuration for organizations looking to build a custom asset tracking solution.
- Fully-certified for original equipment manufacturers developing commercial products.
It comes in a pre-packed field deployment-ready product called Tracker One with IP-67-rated enclosure, open firmware, and cloud-based management software.
Also read –