Internet of Arduino Challenge for IoT Enthusiast
If you have an awesome IoT hardware product idea and thinking for a long time how to get started. Let me let you that this is high time. Take advantage of the abundance of new IoT development tools and participate in the Internet of Arduino Challenge.
Arrow electronic and Indigogo have partnered to support IoT hardware developer from ideation through production, and they are inviting enthusiast and makers to take part in the Internet of Arduino Challenge.
The main agenda of the challenge is to help you build your idea into a prototype and launch an Indiegogo campaign for your chance to win $50,000 in funding from Arrow!. The only requirement for you would be to select your board from the Arduino family. The challenge is open from May 12, 2018 through August 31, 2018. Interested people should submit an Application form given on their website.
Here are the timeline and detail of the challenge –
Internet of Arduino Challenge Details
- Application – Applications period is open from May 12, 2018 through August 31, 2018. See Terms and Conditions for eligibility.
- Email your Bill of Materials (BOM) to email@example.com. Your technology must be Arrow Certified. Arrow engineers will Certify your technology by verifying that it is an Arduino-based IoT project that is feasible for manufacturing. You must have your BOM completed and submitted by August 31, 2018.
- Online Voting. All entrants with Arrow Certified Technology will advance into the first round of voting hosted on Arrow.com. Encourage your network to vote! From October 22, 2018 through November 4, 2018 we’ll invite the tech world to vote for their favorites. The top 5 will qualify for the next round.
- Top 5 Launch an Indiegogo campaign. The top 5 projects must have a Live or InDemand Indiegogo campaign from January 2, 2019 through January 31, 2019.
- Voting at CES 2019. CES attendees will vote for their favorite campaign from January 8, 2019 through January 10, 2019 in the Arrow & Indiegogo booth. These votes will help our judges select the winner.
- Final Judging. Experts from Arrow, Indiegogo, and Arduino will review the final votes and select the winner based on Design, Manufacturability, Marketability, and Innovation. The winner will be announced on January 11, 2019.
Some of the popular areas where you can build something great are –
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Smart Environment
- Smart Home / Home Automation
- Smart Wearable
- Smart Health Monitoring
- Smart Car Parking
Let me know if you need more ideas and details around it. I will be very happy to help. I would recommend everyone to go participate and win the challenge. Wish you luck.